Sunday, March 8, 2009

PBS

We all know that we loved our PBS shows as kids and even today we can appreciate the shows. PBS is an incredible company that puts a lot into children's education. Their shows are fun but educational at the same time. You all know you LOVED the magic school bus! The PBS website is filled with so many links to help teachers in their classrooms. You can click on any subject and then specify the grade and lesson you hope to teach and it will give you lesson ideas! The lessons are also standard based, which we all know is very im There is also a spot on the website to register with PBS. Once registered you can get access to courses in all different kinds of subjects as well as more lesson ideas! It is a very useful website that I think could help any teacher!

http://www.pbs.org/teachers/
(i dont know why it isn't posting as a link but you can copy and paste it!!)

This is the website. Once on the website make sure to navigate through the lesson plans. You can find the link to the lesson plans on the left side of the top of the page.

Do you think it is important to have standard based lessons all the time? Would you use a website like this often? Would you sign up and subscribe to a site like this for further information or do you think you get enough without registering?

1 comment:

  1. Although standard based lessons are important and crucial (since schools expect it), I don't think that everything should be standards based. I think that it's good to let loose and have fun with your students. However, if a site has the standards right there, that would be amazing, and makes the job of the teacher so much easier. Finding the right standards is one of my weak points, and I do not enjoy figuring out which ones to use, so having them available is awesome. I think I would only subscribe to a site like this if I found that the information I could get without subscribing is amazing, and I want more.

    ReplyDelete