Tuesday, February 23, 2010




This video is AMAZING! Its is an old Student Teaching training video (from the 1940's or 1950's I believe) and it I can't believe that I actually found it! As for the information that is shown in this video, I find that it is very different from what education is today. There are some teachers that say the old ways are the best and that we need to return to the basics, however I do not believe that we can do this. The times have changed so much that many things are no longer prevalent.

The classroom management skills in this video were amazing to me at first. There are so many things that we as education students have learned not to do and they are all in the beginning of this video. However as the movie continues, it is interesting to see the changes that are made and what lessons are being taught to future teachers. I find that there are still many things that we would never do today in the classroom because times have changed however there are a few things that I believe we can take from this video. Some of these things include the idea of a friendly attitude and even some comedy in the class, a development of mutual understanding between teacher and students, and the idea of positive feedback that can be seen at the end of the video while making some of the discipline not as harsh in front of the class (less humiliating). Just a thought.

So after watching the whole video, what do you agree with? What aspects are still important in today's classroom and what things might you point out to not do?

No comments:

Post a Comment