Monday, February 22, 2010

A Hot Spot for Education News


After stumbling through the web looking for a news article or issue to blog about, I came across the website "Educationnext," (2009) which seems to be a website dedicated to posting anything and everything about education for elementary through high school. After scrolling down the home page I realized most of what I found in Google's search engine was conveniently at this website. I also noticed that you can register to this website and the website includes a personal blog for posts and comments. In my Foundations of Education course last semester I learned to appreciate and take interest in the news regarding education and issues regarding teaching and classroom management, etc. This website serves as a great example of a way to stay informed about the career we are involved with and how to better serve students, the school and the community by remaining informed and aware of the times in education. Some of the key articles I noticed were regarding President Obama and state standards and achievement, as well as, news articles related to charter schools (Found on the homepage). I am excited to search through this website to find out what other tools I can utilize to stay informed about education and to also keep this website in mind for future reading. I thought it was important to also note the mission statement of the website to obtain a better look at what the site promotes. Education Nexts' mission statement states they "present facts" at their face value, and "change" in education is "needed," and the site does not take sides but "goes where the evidence points" (President & Fellows of Harvard College, 2009, site mission statement). I encourage all of you to stay in touch with the news in education and to take a look at this website for there are many interesting articles. "Educationnext." (2009). President & Fellows of Harvard College and The Board of Trustees of Leland Stanford Junior University. http://educationnext.org/. The picture chosen is of the current published journal, as "Educationnext" is a website and a journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment